Laserfiche WebLink
RESOLUTION NO 2036 <br /> A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF ANACORTES UPDATING <br /> THE UNIFIED FEE SCHEDULE FOR UTILITY FEES AND CHARGES TO ADOPT A RATE <br /> INCREASE OF THE CITY SEWER UTILITY <br /> WHEREAS, the Anacortes City Council is empowered by City code to pass fees for the utilities <br /> by resolution, and; <br /> WHEREAS, On June 25, 2018 City Council authorized the Mayor to enter into a contract with <br /> Financial Consulting Services (FCS) to perform a Sewer Cost of Service and Rate Design Study; <br /> and <br /> WHEREAS, On November 26, 2018 FCS group presented to City Council the results of their <br /> review which included a 7%rate increase each year starting in 2019 through fiscal year 2026; and <br /> WHEREAS, Council recognizes current Sewer rates sufficiently cover operational expenses but <br /> fall short of meeting capital obligations as identified in the 2019-2026 Capital Facilities Plan, and <br /> that General Facility Charges Revenues continue to drop creating a shortfall in required revenue <br /> sources,thus making adoption of the 7%recommended rate increase a prudent and necessary, yet <br /> difficult action; and <br /> WHEREAS,A CPI increase of 3%was incorporated into the Sewer rates on January 1,2019,thus <br /> reducing the 2019 rate increase requirement to 4%, and in the subsequent 5 years increases will be <br /> a total of 7%each year. <br /> NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the City Council of the City of Anacortes, <br /> Washington, that: <br /> Section 1. <br /> 1. Attachment A hereto is hereby adopted, replacing the previously adopted version. <br /> 2. In addition to the rates set forth in Attachment A there shall be charged an additional <br /> amount equal to the amount of any tax levy for the utility, which amount shall be part of <br /> the total bill payable by the customer. <br /> Section 2.This resolution shall take effect for utility charges incurred on and after March 1, 2019. <br /> PASSED and APPROVED on this 25th day of February, 2019. <br /> AYES G NAYS 0 ABSENT 0 <br /> Resolution 2036 1 <br />